Terra di Tuscany
Tuscany is a must area to visit for all landscape photographers and it was high on my list of places to visit, just like many of you I am sure. Many of the pictures I had seen prior to my visit were connected with something unique, superb light conditions accompanied by mist in the valleys. However, I kept seeing the same top five locations being photographed time and again. As you can imagine, my expectations were for good photography but at a small scale. During my visit though, I was pleasantly surprised to find out that Tuscany had so much more to offer than the usual top five breathtaking locations. Most villages are built on top of hills and as you can imagine, the skyline during the golden hours always looks stunning. The houses display a grand architecture of a bygone era, they all keep a similar style. Narrow alleys with cobbled streets, close up details of doors and windows, human figures on every corner – the views from all these villages are simply magnificent. I absolutely loved Tuscany, I already look forward to my next visit there.
Enough about my latest trip though, let’s explore this issue of LPM. This month we have two main features on publishing your own book. I hope they will inspire you and also shed some light on the world of books and their publication. Mike Bell explains all about sensor sizes and explains their ins & outs. Keith Briley is testing backpacks for us on location and Dennis Bromage expresses his views on a very hot subject – filters or exposure blending? Finally, our reader Sapna Ready talks about the influence of the human figure in landscape photography compositions.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue