Terra di Tuscany
Tuscany is a must area to visit for all landscape photographers and it was high on my list of places to visit, just like many of you I am sure. Many of the pictures I had seen prior to my visit were connected with something unique, superb light conditions accompanied by mist in the valleys. However, I kept seeing the same top five locations being photographed time and again. As you can imagine, my expectations were for good photography but at a small scale. During my visit though, I was pleasantly surprised to find out that Tuscany had so much more to offer than the usual top five breathtaking locations. Most villages are built on top of hills and as you can imagine, the skyline during the golden hours always looks stunning. The houses display a grand architecture of a bygone era, they all keep a similar style. Narrow alleys with cobbled streets, close up details of doors and windows, human figures on every corner – the views from all these villages are simply magnificent. I absolutely loved Tuscany, I already look forward to my next visit there.
Enough about my latest trip though, let’s explore this issue of LPM. This month we have two main features on publishing your own book. I hope they will inspire you and also shed some light on the world of books and their publication. Mike Bell explains all about sensor sizes and explains their ins & outs. Keith Briley is testing backpacks for us on location and Dennis Bromage expresses his views on a very hot subject – filters or exposure blending? Finally, our reader Sapna Ready talks about the influence of the human figure in landscape photography compositions.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers. Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor