First of July already and soon most of you will be away on holidays, if you haven’t already been. June saw me on Santorini island in Greece. Besides having a superb time with my two daughters, I also run a photo workshop (not at the same time). I am thinking of visiting Northumberland at some point in July, so, if you see someone at 04:30 with a tripod and camera, come along to say hello.
Anyway, to the point. This month we have a really reach issue on display. Besides our monthly essays, here’s what else we have prepared for you.
Watercolours: Fascinated with light, water and movement since childhood, Beata Moore is trying to portray their beauty by creating watercolours that hopefully carry her own trademark and style. I devote this article to all those women out there who do their best to showcase the beauty of landscape photography.
Interview: John Flannery has been photographing for decades, he has been friends with Ansel Adams, and he has lost the vast majority of his work in a house fire. Deborah Hughes managed to get an exclusive interview with this doyen of photography that will be great food for thought to all of us.
Twilight Cityscapes: The majority of landscape photographers live in or near a town or city and yet, few have taken cityscape pictures. Ohad Redlich has put together a guide for photographing cityscapes during evening twilight.
Gear Test: The Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 DC HSM is the only lens of its kind on the market but is it one of the best f/1.8 lenses? Does it produce high quality images at all focal lengths and all apertures? David Hay has the review.
New author: Don’t forget to check out our new author, Nigel Turner, on page 24, his essays with title ‘Lens Work’ will inspire us all, no doubt.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue