First of July already and soon most of you will be away on holidays, if you haven’t already been. June saw me on Santorini island in Greece. Besides having a superb time with my two daughters, I also run a photo workshop (not at the same time). I am thinking of visiting Northumberland at some point in July, so, if you see someone at 04:30 with a tripod and camera, come along to say hello.
Anyway, to the point. This month we have a really reach issue on display. Besides our monthly essays, here’s what else we have prepared for you.
Watercolours: Fascinated with light, water and movement since childhood, Beata Moore is trying to portray their beauty by creating watercolours that hopefully carry her own trademark and style. I devote this article to all those women out there who do their best to showcase the beauty of landscape photography.
Interview: John Flannery has been photographing for decades, he has been friends with Ansel Adams, and he has lost the vast majority of his work in a house fire. Deborah Hughes managed to get an exclusive interview with this doyen of photography that will be great food for thought to all of us.
Twilight Cityscapes: The majority of landscape photographers live in or near a town or city and yet, few have taken cityscape pictures. Ohad Redlich has put together a guide for photographing cityscapes during evening twilight.
Gear Test: The Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 DC HSM is the only lens of its kind on the market but is it one of the best f/1.8 lenses? Does it produce high quality images at all focal lengths and all apertures? David Hay has the review.
New author: Don’t forget to check out our new author, Nigel Turner, on page 24, his essays with title ‘Lens Work’ will inspire us all, no doubt.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers. Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor