Just back from my workshop on Milos island in Greece, where besides the superb images all participants managed to capture, the weather was lovely and warm and the food exquisite – I must admit that I came back a couple of kilos heavier.
Anyway, the first thing I wish to mention is the change in the profile page. Now you can visit your profile page to check your details, your membership status (recurring-Silver-Gold-Platinum), as well as how many days are left in your account. To visit your profile page, click on your username at the top right of the website page and right next to ‘Sign Out’.
Now, let’s see what we have for you this month. First of all, we have a really good interview with Steve Gosling. As well as being one of Britain’s leading black & white landscape photographers, Steve Gosling is also one of the most versatile. He uses two contrasting camera systems, an Alpa with a Phase One back and the Olympus OM-D system.
Are you into photographing blossoming trees? Then Sue Bishops article is just perfect for you, find it on page 64. This is our Free Article this month and can be found inside the Free Edition of issue 40.
Photography and sailboats are natural soul-mates. As Ron Odenheimer says on page 24, “the slow life on board encourages one to linger, take time to think and really get to explore areas of interest”.
As we all know, we can’t always have perfect light for our photo shoots. So, we asked Mark Hamblin to write an article on dull weather photography.
Do you shoot RAW or JPG? A RAW file contains the unprocessed and uncompressed data from every pixel on the sensor. Every little bit of information is recorded and nothing is discarded. Mike Bell explains the pros of capturing images in RAW format.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue