Just back from my workshop on Milos island in Greece, where besides the superb images all participants managed to capture, the weather was lovely and warm and the food exquisite – I must admit that I came back a couple of kilos heavier.
Anyway, the first thing I wish to mention is the change in the profile page. Now you can visit your profile page to check your details, your membership status (recurring-Silver-Gold-Platinum), as well as how many days are left in your account. To visit your profile page, click on your username at the top right of the website page and right next to ‘Sign Out’.
Now, let’s see what we have for you this month. First of all, we have a really good interview with Steve Gosling. As well as being one of Britain’s leading black & white landscape photographers, Steve Gosling is also one of the most versatile. He uses two contrasting camera systems, an Alpa with a Phase One back and the Olympus OM-D system.
Are you into photographing blossoming trees? Then Sue Bishops article is just perfect for you, find it on page 64. This is our Free Article this month and can be found inside the Free Edition of issue 40.
Photography and sailboats are natural soul-mates. As Ron Odenheimer says on page 24, “the slow life on board encourages one to linger, take time to think and really get to explore areas of interest”.
As we all know, we can’t always have perfect light for our photo shoots. So, we asked Mark Hamblin to write an article on dull weather photography.
Do you shoot RAW or JPG? A RAW file contains the unprocessed and uncompressed data from every pixel on the sensor. Every little bit of information is recorded and nothing is discarded. Mike Bell explains the pros of capturing images in RAW format.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers. Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor