We have a lovely surprise for you this month, an interview with two superb large format landscape photographers, Georg Popp and Vereva Popp-Hackner. Verena and Georg are married with two children, professional landscape photographers since 1997 and they are based in Vienna, Austria. You can find the interview on page 64.
Also, don’t miss our other feature on page 92. Peter Cairns takes us on a trip up north high up at the Arctic Circle, where twilight and blue hues in the air provide material for unbelievably stunning imagery; a beautiful trip to the Lofoten Islands.
On the gear test front, Mark Bauer takes a trip down the digital lane and examines the Hasselblad H5D. It has a much larger than a 35mm sensor and its dynamic range is supposedly better. The question is: does size really matter? You can find the review on page 114.
I also need to mention that we have created a new section on the website named POTW (photo of the week). Anyone can take part in this feature and the best picture of the week wins... well, the LPM title of POTW, is this not enough?
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue