Premium members click here to login and download this issue
Please allow for the page to refresh before you can start the download
I had travelled to Tenerife back in 2019 to photograph the northern coastline. After a change of heart, I decided to stay inland and photograph the volcanic landscapes around Mount Teide, and I absolutely loved it. I could walk almost everywhere and photograph whatever I wanted – I was in my element.
Back home, I looked at the other Canary Islands, and Lanzarote looked promising. Sadly, the pandemic struck.
Fast forward, and recently I found myself on the island of Lanzarote. I had a whole week available, and my hopes were running high. Sadly, although most of the island offers decent landscape photography, Timanfaya National Park (the main reason for my visit) was very disappointing.
I paid my €12 ticket at the park entrance and drove off, only to be faced with a long queue of cars around the bend. One hour and ten minutes later, I managed to park in the dedicated area, only to discover that I was not allowed to walk anywhere. You must get on the dedicated buses that take you around the area.
I tried the next available spot, which is famous for the camels. Again, the only access was by riding a camel.
I was gutted. I had to rearrange my itinerary completely. It was a disappointment but a sweet one because the rest of the island did not let me down, nor did the local cuisine.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers. Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor