Premium members click here to login and download this issue
Please allow for the page to refresh before you can start the download
Choosing Assignment Winners
Some members have asked me to explain the process of choosing the assignment winner. Well, it is not as simple as some may think. A combination of variants need to come together in order to choose a winner. For instance, a very good picture with not story to follow (260-300 words) receives less priority from a good picture escorted by an interesting story.
Here are some examples:
a) a very good picture with an interesting story is more likely to be the winner
b) a very good picture with an ordinary story will be published along all other similar pictures in the 'finalist' section
c) good pictures without stories do not get prioritised and they are published in the 'smaller size picture' section
So, the best advice I can offer is to spend a little time and write an interesting story to escort your picture. Even if it does not become a winner, it is most likely to become a finalist or even be published in the Full Frame section of the magazine.
Subscribe to our VIP membership. Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 followers
• Download all new issues of the magazine every year
• Download all back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue