Premium members click here to login and download this issue
Please allow for the page to refresh before you can start the download
Hope and optimism
I was grateful to receive a letter from the NHS (UK’s National Health Service) at the end of February; an invitation to receive the COVID-19 vaccine. A couple of weeks ago I had my first jab and, hopefully, will receive my second one by mid-June. I am fortunate that I am one of the vast majority of vaccinated people who have experienced no ill-effects from it, but it has given me huge hope that I can soon be back doing at least some of the many things I have missed so much for the past twelve months.
Apparently, by the end of the first week of April, my body will have produced enough antibodies to fight this dreadful virus should I catch it, meaning that any symptoms would be mild and no longer life threatening.
I understand that there is a degree of hesitancy towards the vaccine, however scientists reassure us that the vaccine's benefits hugely outweigh any risks and I sincerely hope we all accept it as, the higher the planet's vaccinated population, the better our chances to eliminate this awful epidemic that has now plagued our lives for so long.
Countless families have suffered tragedy and loss, and so many businesses have struggled or been decimated. The impact of the virus around the world has been vast, but, as a new spring dawns, I look forward to a normal future with great optimism – whatever that ‘new normal’ may be.
Here's to a bright and healthy future with many new adventures for us all.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your pictures to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue