Please allow time for the page to refresh upon clicking Log Me In.
Last February I completed a very successful photo tour in the Lofoten Islands of Norway. The weather was fairly kind to us in general, considering that we were within the Arctic Circle and weather patterns seem to be extremely unpredictable. We were caught up in a couple of snow storms, but nothing we could not handle. After all, the Arctic light following a storm can be spectacular. My participants were very happy and went home with some superb images.
On the way home, my flight from the local Leknes airport was cancelled due to bad weather. The airline company made arrangements for a coach trip to a different location, three hours away, in order to catch a flight to Oslo. There, they arranged hotel accommodation and meals, followed by a flight home the next morning.
Some might say that all this is extremely frustrating, and you could be right. However, there are two choices in such a situation: you can either be frustrated, or see the whole thing as an extension to your adventure.
I chose to stay positive and enjoy my extended adventure to the western part of the extraordinary Scandinavian Peninsula.
In these unprecedented times we all suddenly find ourselves in, try to stay positive, and stay at home. Let's all be as selfless as we can and help each other to get through COVID-19. Spend time with your family, look after yourselves and your neighbours. It might even be a good time to re-visit some of our back issues and get some very much needed inspiration. Whatever you decide to do, please stay safe.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue