Please allow time for the page to refresh upon clicking Log Me In.
Winter Wonderland A few days ago I led a small-group photo tour in the Canadian Rockies. Starting the tour around the Abraham Lake area, to capture the trapped bubbles in the icy surface of the lake, we continued into Jasper National Park for a short visit, and finally to the beautiful town of Canmore; an ideal location for visiting Banff and Yoho National Parks, with their countless photographic opportunities.
Entering Jasper for the first time during winter was an exceptional experience. There was around 50 cm of snow everywhere, covering every little flaw with a pristine white carpet and turning the landscape into a winter wonderland. My photo tour participants were awe inspired, as was I – so much so that many times there was absolute silence and only the sound of shutter could be heard, capturing the breathtaking views in all their glory.
We photographed a number of lakes in the area; many of them well known to landscape photographers, as well as some lesser-known, more deserted locations, where it was just us, nature and some glorious early morning light.
Everyone went home with big smiles on their faces and many pictures that will, no doubt, bring back incredible memories for many years to come. As for myself, even the sub-zero temperatures, frozen car engine and ice-cold extremities won’t stop me heading back next winter for more exploration of these outstanding landscapes.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers. Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor