Please allow time for the page to refresh upon clicking Log Me In.
Taking the wrong path
Taking the wrong path while out hill-walking can result in trouble as you lose your way. However, it can also bring much joy.
One of my recent travelling destinations was Tenerife in the Canary Islands. I had originally planned to stay on the northern edge of the island, to photograph the rugged seascapes with the glorious stacks but, just before I booked the week-long trip, I changed my mind, deciding instead to photograph the barren landscape around the mountain volcano, Teide.
During one of my walks I decided to take a specific path I had seen on Google Maps. Parking at the designated area, I started walking up the main path which, some distance further along, split in two. I decided that all roads lead to somewhere, so picked one of the paths and started the walk to the location.
At some point I noticed a fairly steep hill covered with sandy ash. Me being me, my curiosity was piqued, and I knew I had to go up that hill and see what the view looked like from the top. When I eventually made it up I was not disappointed. I found myself completely alone with my camera, on this high viewpoint that offered the most breathtaking views and raw beauty, laid out before me in all its glory.
So, the next time you are out walking and you take the wrong path, treat it as an opportunity. After all, you never know what could be around the corner.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue