Please allow time for the page to refresh upon clicking Log Me In.
Speed of light
Alpe di Siusi, Italian Dolomites, October 2019 – I’m on the first day of my photo tour and am standing in this amazing location, surrounded by Alpine meadows, wooden huts and ragged mountain peaks. It reminded me of classic scenery from a fairy tale and the party of five participants were full of excitement.
After a not-so-great sunrise session and a well-deserved breakfast, we headed out for a walk on the many roads and paths of this high altitude plateau. The weather was fantastic; a beautiful sunny day with blue sky and a few very high cirrus clouds. It looked very promising for a high altitude sunset session.
As the day wore on though, the sky had changed, with more clouds being evident, and our hopes for a glorious sunset were somewhat quashed. Nevertheless, being a dedicated group of landscape photographers, we headed out to capture the sunset, in whatever form it chose to present itself.
Just before the sun was about to set, there was a small opening in the clouds way off in the distance, which momentarily allowed the sun to burst through and touch the top of Sasolungo, the impressive rock formation you see in the picture.
This light show lasted for a fleeting moment and, as quickly it arrived, it vanished under the same speed – the speed of light.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers. Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor