Please allow time for the page to refresh upon clicking Log Me In.
More than meets the eye
For a while now, I had wanted to visit the island of Kos, in Greece, both for a much-needed holiday and as a relatively-unknown photographic destination. However, Kos is also a favourite destination for tourists and families for their holidays, with its abundance of sandy beaches and rich Greek and Roman architecture. As someone who prefers somewhat quieter holidays, it was this popularity that had initially given me reservations about going.
Last month, I decided to take the plunge and stepped on the plane. Although my initial thoughts and reservations were correct (Kos is indeed an island fully geared to tourists), I found there were many more hidden gems around the island than I had expected. Even beaches, which were full of people during the day, were empty and entirely mine during sunrise.
Now that I am back home, I am surprisingly happy with the images: a mix of tranquil beaches, incredible sunsets and traditional architecture. It was also really nice to spend a few days resting and enjoying the Greek culture and superb cuisine.
So, the next time you wish to visit a place but have doubts, just go for it and see for yourself. You never know, you might discover your own hidden gems and more than initially meets the eye.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue