Please allow time for the page to refresh upon clicking Log Me In.
Many photographers in the past have written articles about the importance of revisiting a location again and again, until such time that all conditions are perfect to photograph the landscape at its best.
During my last visit to the island of Milos in Greece, I visited a location and viewpoint I hold very dear; up on a hill, with great views of the Gulf of Milos and the distant island of Antimilos, and perfectly situated for viewing the incredible sunsets. Although it is such a superb viewpoint, it is off-the-beaten-track and an ideal place to take my workshop participants to enjoy the island's splendour in peace and quiet.
I have photographed this location quite a few times before, but it was on this last occasion that all conditions came together in perfect harmony, allowing me to capture the picture you see below: exquisitely vibrant natural colours, perfect light and at the best time of year. For me, it really captures nature at its best.
So, like many photographers before me, I strongly encourage you to keep visiting the same locations over and over, as you never know when your luck will strike and you will capture that perfect picture.
Subscribe to our VIP membership. Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 followers
• Download all new issues of the magazine every year
• Download all back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue