Please allow time for the page to refresh upon clicking Log Me In.
Does comparison matter?
I had heard many good things about the city of Prague in the Czech Republic; the magical city of bridges, cathedrals, gold-tipped towers and church spires. So, when the opportunity arose recently, I decided to spend a few days there with my son as we both love visiting and getting to know different places.
I certainly found it to be a very attractive city, but perhaps not to the extent that I had envisaged it to be – and I think I know the reason why.
Last year, we both visited the city of Budapest, in Hungary. While both cities offer much to entice photographers seeking an architectural feast, my photographic experience of both was very different. Budapest, although a big city, seemed to offer more open space and options for composition, whereas Prague, despite being undeniably beautiful, felt almost crowded and cramped by comparison.
It can be disappointing when a city does not meet your expectations, but then again, is it right to do comparisons? How would I feel about Budapest if I compare it with Venice?
One thing is for sure: Prague is a very vibrant city, the locals are very friendly and their own version of hot dog, using a baguette, is superb.
Subscribe to our VIP membership. Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 followers
• Download all new issues of the magazine every year
• Download all back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue