TAKE PART • WIN $100
I was on my way to Roslin Glen to take some woodland infrared photos when I passed this field - the few trees were easy to isolate and I picked one which was easy to position against the Pentland Hills - the top of which were visible above the skyline. Parking on a verge, I walked back to position the tree central to the hills behind.
I shot this handheld from the roadside - using a tripod here was not practical. No filters were used and I applied a simple levels adjustment in Capture One before exporting the jpg. The vibrant colour of the oil seed rape field worked well against the grey sky - it rained most of the day.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your personal portfolio page and let us share it monthly to over 400,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your personal portfolio page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 400,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download 2 premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 48 images per year via our monthly assignments
• Upload and share up to 24 images per year via our picture submission form
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 24 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor