Luminosity and Contrast is a Black and White eBook with a difference. Rather than going over familiar ground, Alister has approached the topic with a fresh vision, delving into the real and practical purposes of both Luminosity and Contrast in Black and White Photography. After some introductory chapters on the zone system, emotional impact and light conditions, the author covers broad overviews of both Luminosity and Contrast. He follows this with a chapter on the role of Transitions in photography and how powerful these can be in the articulation of intent.
Alister illustrates the theory with numerous images from his catalog, many of which he worked specifically for the book. The vast majority of these photographs took less than 5 minutes to develop, proving that successful images do not need to take all day to process.
Half the book contains in-depth Processing chapters, and in these sections Alister covers his own style of editing, starting simply and quickly in Lightroom and advancing all the way through to his most advanced techniques in Photoshop using Tony Kuyper’s V6 Luminosity Masks and the History Brush.
PDF format eBook, 233 double pages, around 60 MB
Normal price £23 • Discounted price £16
2) Click [+] Add Billing Method
3) Wait a couple of seconds for the popup window to appear
4) Add your debit/credit card details and click add
5) Click Submit Form and wait for a few seconds until payment is processed and approved
6) Upon payment completion a yellow banner will appear on top of this page. The yellow banner will display Thank you. Your purchase has been approved. – Please click here to proceed. Upon clicking the link you will be transferred to a page where you can access and download the pdf file.
You will also receive an email with a link to access the page with the pdf file. Make sure you use the same browser to access the page on our website.
If you are using advert blocking software, you might not be able to see the [+] Add Billing Method popup, which allows for payments. Please disable your adblocking software temporarily until payment is complete.