I'd been chasing this view from the western Blue Ridge Mountains and Smoky Mountains National Park our whole trip, traveling with our tiny trailer at a hard to get to mountain campground in August. Finally I got my chance at shots of this sunset. It wasn't until I got home and processed this particular image a number of years later, I realized what a shot I had gotten.
The North Carolina Blue Ridge Parkway sunset let it all hang out in this shot, like waves in an ocean of mountains! Both the Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains are visable in this black and white photograph. The sunbeams lit the mountains like a giant Christmas tree, sparkling over the foggy valleys this autumn evening. The south western Appalachians were amazing showing off crepuscular or twilight rays of light over both the Great Smoky Mountains National Park and Blue Ridge Mountains pictured here. Available in sepia and full color, all equally stunning.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see a sample
• We promote all your pictures to over 300,000 followers via our social media pages
• Download all new issues of the magazine
• Download all back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be forever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor