Assignments are brought to you by mpb.com
The gentle breeze, still waters and anticipation of the rising sun during the pre-dawn moments of tropical, seaside sunrises are the perfect combination to captivate any willing soul.
One place this serenity is almost certain is off the Yucatan Peninsula of Mexico where the Caribbean Sea and Gulf of Mexico collide, especially during the Spring. Unstable clouds sit low providing a perfect opportunity for the sun to rise from the horizon as a fiery sphere that appears to float over the sea. It’s a sight to be seen.
What a pleasure to be in the right place at the right time (with a bit of scouting, of course). During my travels in the Caribbean last Spring, I had access to the rooftop where my wife and I were staying on the coast. The cloud cover was thick most mornings in this tranquil beach town and whether or not there would be any visibility, warm light or color was anyone’s guess.
This morning was no different, I’m not one to give up easily, or as my wife puts it “a bit stubborn.” From my rooftop perch above the sleeping town, I sipped my coffee and waited patiently. And voila, from almost nowhere, the pale gray morning gave way to a sublime orange glow. The sun emerged from the clouds, beaming light on the serene sea while the endless array of palms stood tall, swaying in the gentle breeze along the shore.
There’s a Cuban proverb that says “when the sun rises, it rises for everyone." While accurate, it’s only those who intently wait through the gray who experience the grace of the sun rising. This morning, I was given that grace and the opportunity to capture that perfect moment over this coastal slice of heaven.
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor