It was a full moon night in the Palouse. The moon was bright and shiny. It was bright enough to be able to walk around without a need of flashlight. It was bright enough to see my own shadow on the ground. It was bright enough to see clouds moving through the sky. I took a test picture to calculate correct exposure, then a full 5 minute exposure picture of the tree. When I looked at the back of my camera the streaks of moving clouds caught my attention. I wanted those clouds to move from the tree. I spent another hour of 5 minute exposures trying to position camera at the point where the clouds would appear moving from behind the tree. Once I found that position I took a couple more exposures where I used flashlight to highlight the tree.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor