The image was taken at Mangawhero Falls - Gollum's Pool, Tongariro National Park, North Island, New Zealand. I was on an outing with a local camera club group. And my first stop was this beautiful waterfall.
This is a famous waterfall, and the location was used in the award-winning movie Hobbit shooting. A wide-angle shot shows beautiful Mt. Ruapehu in the backdrop of the waterfall.
It was cold, and my hands were freezing. I just took a handful of shots and packed up to get into the warmth of the car.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor