Cold conditions are rare here on the Isle of Wight, but earlier this December, we had two weeks where the temperature barely got above freezing. Unfortunately, this allowed an amazing amount of Ice and heavy frost to build up over a few days.
On a freezing morning, I walked to my local woodland, as I didn't want to drive on the frozen roads. There is a river flowing into a Lake in Woodland, and this Bend is where the two meet. The trees were covered in a heavy hoar frost, and the white trees' contrast with the one tree still holding onto its autumn leaves really caught my eye.
I included the flow of the river into the lake to include the conditions on the other bank of the river as well.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see a sample
• We promote all your pictures to over 300,000 followers via our social media pages
• Download all new issues of the magazine
• Download all back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be forever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor