I've wanted to take a good aspen shot for years, but I was either there at the wrong time, the grove wasn't photogenic, etc. Finally on this trip to Colorado I found the most photogenic grove I'd ever seen-perfectly spaced columns, a similar width, at peak color, trees at both high and low heights. And it was beside the road on the 550! There was nothing but clear blue skies every day I was in Colorado, and this grove faced east, so shooting after the sun had dropped behind the mountain in back of the grove had me there when the light was soft and even. I went to this spot several times, and every shot looked different-that's how photogenic this grove was.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your pictures to over 300,000 followers
• Download all new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor