Assignments are brought to you by mpb.com
Cresting a brow over a very steep hill looking east over Chesterfield from Holymoorside whilst cloud chasing (the photo perspective gives no impression of how steep this c.1 mile long drop is) I came across these dramatic tyre 'burnouts'. Whether deliberate from some hooning-about or a sudden stop for something spotted as the driver dropped over the brow I'll never know, but they looked quite photogenic, especially contrasting with the clouds blowing in from the east.
The hill is the highest point for many miles and, even with a wide angle lens on a 24mpx camera Lincoln Cathedral is visible on the horizon, over 45 miles away, on the original file, as are several distant power station cooling towers, 3 counties from here!
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor