I have been in this photo location many times before. During summertime from june to mid august, when the sun rises and first lightrays hit the landscape, it can be a very beautiful sight. More likely in august when the nights are more colder, also fog can appear. Then the mornings are just magical.
When you are progressing as a photographer and learning new things, then also new ideas pop into your head how to capture a certain scene. Also the knowledge that every sunrise and sunset is different. Different light, different conditions, different weather and so on. Therefore every time you go there you have a possibility to capture a completely different photo.
This time I thought that what if I could capture a scene with a slightly longer exposure which will make the moving fog a bit more soft. Creating this soft delicate movement between the trees and landscape.
I spent three days at a camping site which was about 10 minutes away from the photo spot. First two mornings there was no fog and I couldn’t take the photo. The third and last morning was the jackpot. I arrived about 45 minutes before the sunrise. There was just enough fog by not covering the trees entirely and just moving between them with slight wind. It was difficult to take the photo because I was in a watching tower and from time to time it was slightly moving. With 600mm and 2,5 second shutter speed I was finally able to capture it. Because the fog was changing all the time then the perfect conditions lasted only 2-3 minutes. I was very glad that I could take the photo and I will be there next years to come with new ideas and challenges.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor