In 2019 we had two main astronomical events in Southern Brazil. A partial solar eclipse (at sunset) and a partial lunar eclipse (at moonrise). In the first one it was absolutely impossible to shoot, even driving as far as 300km from home, once it was completely overcast. In the second, on the other hand, the forecast was great and my plane was to shoot the eclipsed full moon rising over the Atlantic Ocean.
After some research on Google maps I choose this island (Curais Island - located 11km away from the beach) in the Paraná State coast to compose with the rising moon. At the location I've found the right place and waited until the right time. The light and the view were amazing. Once the ocean was too crispy I decide to include a breaking wave in the foreground.
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor