It took me a while to find the spot where the white dunes on the Central Oregon Coast are the tallest and most impressive. The Umpqua Dunes at Winchester Bay stretch 2 1/2 miles (in some parts) inland from the ocean.
It involved only a mile hike before the sand first appeared; it took another short climb to the highest dune before I saw what seemed like endless massifs of sand stretched out to the horizon. I was in awe. It was a mysterious and poetic place, and I was on edge until I got my camera out of my pack; looking through my viewfinder, I could turn my camera in almost any direction and create beautiful compositions containing sensual lines, shapes, and textures.
I was most satisfied with this image because the sand is smooth, and its shape resembles a contour of a human nude.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see a sample
• We promote all your pictures to over 300,000 followers via our social media pages
• Download all new issues of the magazine
• Download all back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be forever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor