Assignments are brought to you by mpb.com
It was my first morning in Monument Valley when I awoke with inentions of capturing the sun rising from behind a backdrop of the rock monuments. Peering through the sliding glass door of my room in The View hotel at the Navajo National Tribal Park, I realized the sun would rise directly behind the iconic Merrick Butte. I decided to shoot from my third-floor balcony to gain a height nearly level with the monuments rather than from ground level. As the sun peeked above the horizon, something fantastic happened. Suddenly, it appeared that Merrick Butte was ablaze, as though flames were emating from its flat top. Meanwhile, clouds high above resembled puffs of smoke, enhancing the image of this massive rock structure seemingly on fire. It was an astounding moment I'll never forget.
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor