Assignments are brought to you by mpb.com
Like many photographers, my favorite time of day is early morning. The colors of the sunrise make it worth getting up. Summer is a great time season to catch the sunrise, I just wish it wasn't so early! Getting up at 4:30 am, can be pretty difficult.
Not only can the sunrise be colorful, but in the morning during the summer it is not unusual to find fog over the ground. I always check the weather the night before I get up early. I want to make sure that there are going to be some (but not too many) clouds in the sky. I also check the dew point (a measure of moisture) and temperature. For fog to occur, the dew point must be equal (or very close to) to the temperature. Since the lowest temperatures usually occur early in the morning (generally between 5 and 7 am), the temperature will drop closest to the dew point temperature during this time. In this photo, there was fog throughout the landscape.
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor