Assignments are brought to you by mpb.com
A 4am start saw us head for Robin Hoods Bay on the Yorkshire coast one August morning and the moment we arrived at the car park, we could see that we were in for some interesting conditions. We walked down the hill towards the beach as the light strengthened and set up on the beach just as the sky began to light up and allow us to capture the village of Robin Hoods Bay in warm dawn light of a late summer morning.
As the sunrise approached, we made our way out onto the rocks, but the tide was rapidly driving us back again towards the beach, however I just managed to make a detour up a rocky outcrop for long enough to capture the light on the rocks and the village. By now the light was getting strong and quite harsh, so I fitted a 3 stop soft ND filter and was careful to avoid burnt out highlights.
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor