Assignments are brought to you by mpb.com
Point Petre Wildlife Conservation Area is a very unique place. It's been everything from a deserted lighthouse post, to a secret location for military jet technology testing in the 1950's. Today it's a much quieter place that's home to a rare lake shore ecosystem. It will also be designated as an environmentally significant location in the coming months.
The south shore of Prince Edward County, where Point Petre is located, abuts Lake Ontario. There's a lot of strange weather that occurs jutted out into the lake like it is. Vicious storms are always altering the makeup of the shore, so it's never the same for very long. On this day I was fortunate to encounter a very moody sky. A storm far out on the lake can be seen in the distance reflecting the final light of the day.
Having set up my tripod in amidst the waves, I framed the scene so I could also catch the sun glow on the limestone cliff, a nice accompaniment to the storm in the distance. Since the light was dying fast, an aperture of f13 allowed for a slow enough shutter speed that I didn't require an ND filter to drag out the waves, which I believe gives them a more dynamic look. I come back to this place often, and every time I find some new perspective and inspiration. There really is something to be said about visiting the same location over and over again.
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor