Sligachan falls at sunset, and yes it was as cold as it looks! A gorgeous spot that always looks better with a dusting of snow lying about the place, there was a lot less than last year trip but still enough to pick the Cuillin range out in the scene.
It was quite windy here so I was concious of a lot of the heather at the edges of the frame moving throughout the exposure time which can end up looking really messy if there's enough of it... so a low perspective was preffered with the cottage missing and the Cuillins just emerging overlooking everything and the lone tree being brought to life with the last of the days light behind it.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor