This year, the winter weather throughout the United States has included one extreme weather event after another. The extremes in Minnesota's weather have included many consecutive days of below-zero Fahrenheit wind chills, followed by a snowfall of more than a foot of snow, followed by several 40-degree Fahrenheit days and rain. Although the weather makes it challenging to get around, it does create some beautiful landscapes.
This photo was taken shortly after we got 15 inches of heavy wet snow. After the snow, we had several days of freezing fog. The fresh snow and the freezing fog created a real winter wonderland. Everything was covered in white frost and snow. So I decided to venture out to the countryside. Even though the roads had slippery spots, it was well worth the drive.
Everywhere I looked, it was beautiful. The snow blanketed the landscape in white; since it was heavy wet snow, some snow stuck to the trees. Next came the fog, which caused any portion of the exposed trees to be covered by beautiful rime ice. All of which turned an ordinary country landscape into a sparkling magical wintry wonderland.Upload YOUR Picture • WIN $200 Cash
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see a sample
• We promote all your pictures to over 300,000 followers via our social media pages
• Download all new issues of the magazine
• Download all back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be forever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor