This chapel building is a beautiful example of wooden architecture and the Zakopane style. Sponsored by the Uznanski family, the Chapel of the Sacred Heart of Jesus in Zakopane was designed by Stanislaw Witkiewicz and was built in 1904–1907 in the Zakopane style.
It is considered to be one of the most influential examples of the Zakopane style and the most beautiful wooden sacral building in the Tatra Mountains. Thanks to its wooden architecture atop a tall stone foundation with a steep roof topped with a small bell tower, the chapel blends in with the deep green of the spruce forest on the slopes of Jaszczurwka. The interior of the chapel is decorated with stained-glass windows.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see a sample
• We promote all your pictures to over 300,000 followers via our social media pages
• Download all new issues of the magazine
• Download all back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be forever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor