Assignments are brought to you by mpb.com
Paddling around the lake at George L Smith State Park about twenty minutes before sunset, I was looking for those trees that were catching the setting sun in such a way that they actually looked like lit candles. This was the shot that captured that moment. Taking photos from a kayak made me set my ISO higher than I usually do in order to hand hold my camera, and despite the wide range of light, I was lucky to capture the glow of the tree and still retain the background details. This Georgia State Park is a wonderful place to photograph in late October and early November when the entire lake is colored in the bright oranges, yellows and greens of the changing Lake Cypress trees.
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor