Assignments are brought to you by mpb.com
The northern Japanese Island of Hokkaido is renowned for the amount of snow it receives in an average winter. The mountains are a winter paradise and are also known for the beautiful birch trees which make for wonderful photographs. I traveled there in February of 2019 to ski and photograph this beautiful winter landscape.
This shot was taken near the town of Furano in Daisetsuzan National Park. A storm had recently passed through and brought fresh snow and a lot of wind. I came across this young birch tree covered in rime ice. The skies were grey, but the sun was filtering through, creating a beautiful scene that to me portrayed both the harshness and beauty of the winter.
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor