Assignments are brought to you by mpb.com
It was late November, and this was my first visit to the Snaefellsnes Peninsula in Iceland. Not a surprise that Kirkjufell Mountain, probably the most photographed landmark in the country, was on my bucket list! We were initially heading to shoot the sunset with the classic waterfall view.
Suddenly, we spotted the clouds forming into the shape of wings! We were running a bit late, but we couldn't resist. We stopped, jumped out of the car with our gear - leaving the door and the boot open and ran down the hill. I was worried about our luggage and kept asking my Icelandic photographer friend if it was safe to leave it there just like that? He said - of course, we are in Iceland! We found a nice spot at the lake, and the composition couldn't be better! I felt lucky to be with someone knowing the area well! This magic moment lasted for a short time only, but it was unbelievably peaceful - The Church Mountain with Angel Wings.
I remember it was windy, and after a while, I realised I left my gloves behind in the car. We still managed to get the waterfall shot afterwards, but this cloud formation was something unique, truly breathtaking.
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor