Assignments are brought to you by mpb.com
My interest in photography is centered around a fascination with long exposures of the seashore near my home in Southern New Jersey, USA. In my photographs I want to convey not just a moment in time but more of an extended sense of time. On this early evening this storm was passing by near the coastline, but not headed in my direction. The tide was high so there was no foreground beach to complicate the composition. I was fascinated by the way the storm seemed to be pushing or plowing its way through the deep clouds ahead. Creating a wedge shape of light. I almost always work in black and white because I like the mood that it creates and the simplicity of tonal values.
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor