This image was captured during the "Blue Hour" at 05.59 in the morning in the valley of San Quirico, D' Orcia in Tuscany in Italy. It is quite an experience to witness this kind of scene that develops in front of you while at the same time listening to the sounds of all the various animals and birds slowly waking from their slumber resulting in a beautiful dawn chorus.
The villa in the scene is known as The Belvedere and it is probably one of the most photographed locations in the world. In May, early morning and late evening are usually the best times to capture color landscape images with the light getting very harsh between these times. this time of the year temperatures can range from -1 Degrees Centigrade in the morning up to 35 Degrees Centigrade by mid-day. Cooling again by late evening. Tuscany is definitely a paradise for landscape photographers.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor