Assignments are brought to you by mpb.com
There had been a lot of rain over the past few days, so as I walked home from work and saw that the rain had stopped, I was hopeful that there would be an interesting sunset. I went down to the Heads of the Whakatane River and initially was disappointed as the sky was covered in heavy grey clouds that didn't give me the images I was looking for.
There was a very cold wind blowing and so I started to pack up my gear to head home and warm up. I'd put everything away when I noticed that the cloud was starting to break up and some colour was starting to appear. I set up my tripod, attached my filters and waited. 10 minutes later and this is what I got. I was thrilled with this image and was so glad I had taken a quick look out to sea before heading for the warmth.
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor