TAKE PART • WIN $100
This sunset capture is one of the shots that I took when I visited the Land’s End landmark site in the southern part of England in Cornwall. My friends and I were lucky to witness this awesome sunset as the weather forecast previously was notifying we will expect more cloud cover around the time we reached there. But to our surprise it was a blue sky helping us to witness one of the beautiful sights in our life.
This photo in particular was my favourite because of its distinct pattern of clouds swirling around the sun, provided the vibrant colours splashing the sunset sky. This cloud pattern gave this picture a moody look, making this photo a unique one. If I may quote a philosophical thought on top of what we see here, “an act of kindness ( light ) can bring out happiness in a person as like the vibrant colours of the sky despite the hardships they might be facing like dark clouds”. This particular sunset event will always be in my memory because I sat with my friends as like in a theatre along with fellow photographers shooting this breath-taking scene. This particular photo has given me the motivation to shoot more sunset shots as possible in future. I would recommend all who read this article to visit this place if you have not visited yet. Needs a good planning ahead of the visit and weather check in order to see this breath-taking sunset uninterrupted by full cloud covers.
I used my Nikon D3200 with Nikon 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6 lens. This photo was taken handheld, with a sort of mid –f stop with f/9 and 1/500th shutter speed, trying to capture much of the vibrant colours.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor