Assignments are brought to you by mpb.com
It had been mostly overcast most of the evening.My wife and I had gone to this location in hopes that at sunset there might be some light sneak under the cloud cover. I had my rig sat up waiting. It was almost as God was saying, "Wait..., wait..., wait, now watch this." This light only lasted about 4 minutes at the most. Having done many of this type of shots, I was prepared.
This image is made up of 70 individual images stitched into the final image. This is an 8 x 14 ft wall mural. Shot using a Gigapan Epic ProV, I used a remote shutter control to trigger the camera allowing for 2-3 seconds after the Gigapan made its move. Focused at the Hyper Focal Distance to provide maximum DOF. I used a laser range finder to locate an object that was at the HFD. Processing was done using Adobe Camera RAW, stitched with PTGui and final processing with Photoshop.
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor