TAKE PART • WIN $100
It had been mostly overcast most of the evening.My wife and I had gone to this location in hopes that at sunset there might be some light sneak under the cloud cover. I had my rig sat up waiting. It was almost as God was saying, "Wait..., wait..., wait, now watch this." This light only lasted about 4 minutes at the most. Having done many of this type of shots, I was prepared.
This image is made up of 70 individual images stitched into the final image. This is an 8 x 14 ft wall mural. Shot using a Gigapan Epic ProV, I used a remote shutter control to trigger the camera allowing for 2-3 seconds after the Gigapan made its move. Focused at the Hyper Focal Distance to provide maximum DOF. I used a laser range finder to locate an object that was at the HFD. Processing was done using Adobe Camera RAW, stitched with PTGui and final processing with Photoshop.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor