TAKE PART • WIN $100
I took this low tide seascape at Borth Beach in West Wales during a trip around the coastline of Great Britain in its entirety. I am was taking photos on the Countrywide Great Tour, a 64 day cycling challenge around the coastline. Borth and this stretch of Ceredigion coastline holds a special place in my heart as I spent five years studying at Aberystwyth University and would regularly surf there.
On the afternoon we finished in Aberystwyth there was a lovely sunset with some interesting cloud formations. I took my tripod and camera down to the beach at low tide and started experimenting with various angles and settings. I preferred the images which had the leading line of the wooden groin as opposed to those without. I love the star like flare of the sun, and the feeling of emptiness the photograph invokes. After taking various long exposure shots with the tripod I experimented and captured some beautiful abstract seascapes using intentional camera movement, these can be found on my website. This area of West Wales is beautiful and has some stunning scenery, it has been over six years since my last visit so I must return soon!
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor