TAKE PART • WIN $100
Me and two friends decided to go to Sarek national park in the fall. That is the most beautiful time of the year in the mountains. i had never been to Sarek and was really excited about it. We were hoping to get film and photos of the big moose in Sarek and maybe bear too.
The firs day we hiked from the parking area to Aktse that is along the Kingstrail. Normally you go by boat but the water level was so low so we had to walk over mount Skerfe to get into Sarek. If we had gone by boat I had not got those photos of this beautiful sunrise that we had and the view you see on the photo. It was hard to walk up on the mountain with backpack and the camera gear but it was totally worth it.
We decided to set the alarm early because we knew the weather was in our favor. i knew that the sun would hit the mountains in the background and I wanted the pinkish redish color on them and the autumn colors in the foreground and I was not disappointed. it is hard to go by foot to reach this area. From were you park to the boat it is 10km, but there is a dirt road so we used bicycles to go. Since it was not possible to take the boat we had to walk 6km to get to Aktse and then walk up on the mountain around 4km more. i will never forget that morning. i have a series of photos that I really treasures.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor