This winter was too harsh to withstand for a non-native Finnish travelling to Lapland for the first time.
The day when this image was taken, it was always over -25 degrees, sometimes even going as low as -31 degrees. A short walk in the forest was relaxing, but shorting any image, even with proper gloves on, was not a great experience.
It was just the colour of the sky and snow-covered trees that can compel a photography enthusiast to ignore the cold and make efforts to capture some such frames any day.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor