TAKE PART • WIN $100
In Kolmanskop, the former mining town in the Namib Desert in southern Namibia. The mine unearthed tons of diamonds in the first half of the 20th century. Kolmanskop was the richest town in Africa at the time. As the yield declined and the cost of maintaining the town outweighed the income, it was gradually abandoned and the desert sands reclaimed this once thriving town. Today it is a ghost town and a highlight for tourists and photographers who can visit it on guided tours. During a tour, I had gone off and explored parts of the ghost town myself. When I saw this old, rusted bathtub, I wished it were filled with water - it was pretty darn hot in the desert!
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor