TAKE PART • WIN $100
Shortly before dawn (and shortly before the pandemic took hold) this image was captured of Manly Peak in Death Valley, February 2020. We were with David Kingham, Jennifer Renwick and Sarah Marino. First direct rays of sun were just striking the eastern Sierra Nevada escarpment in far distance but Manly remained in soft indirect illumination. Processing was optimized for color contrast in the many bands of sedimentary rock while avoiding over saturation. Regional adjustments were applied to the the mountain and the foreground. Note the footpath following the hogback ridge to the summit. That is not a place to trip or fall, or remove ones backpack, and I prefered viewing it from the safety of our shooting site to which we'd climbed in darkness with headlamps. Manly is a nice before breakfast shoot site if you're staying in Furnace Creek.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor