Assignments are brought to you by mpb.com
On a recent fall afternoon, I was hoping for a trip to the mountains to catch the last of the color show but time wouldn't allow it, so I settled for a quick trip to a local state park instead. I am very fortunate to have the Kings Mountain State Park only a 20 minute drive from my house.
This state park is very popular in the spring and summer time. Families, school groups, scouts, and church groups are often found hiking or gathering at the various attractions in the park. One of my favorite spots in the park is at the peaceful little lake which seems to be beautiful in every season of the year.
On this particular afternoon, I wanted to capture some of the color along the shoreline, but the light wasn't cooperating with me too well. My husband and I walked a short way down one of the trails that borders the dam for the lake. I walked out on the edge of the dam and saw I had found my spot. Balancing on the concrete ledge, I carefully set up my tripod and aimed the lens upward to catch the outstretched branch and canopy of red leaves. My trusty Sigma 24-105 lens did the trick and at 24mm gave me just the angle I wanted. I quickly took a few shots and then retreated to the safety of the bank nearby.
Although my husband and I looked several other places in the park, we couldn't find any other decent color that afternoon, so we called it a day. Once I got the image into Lightroom, I was very pleased with the results.
I'm happy to share this little Autumn blessing from my corner of the world.
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor