Assignments are brought to you by mpb.com
In July, the sun shines for over 20 hours a day in Iceland, making long-exposure work more challenging. Indeed, "arriving early" for a shot is re-signified when nights are short and days are long, and chasing the best light becomes a priority. This image was captured at 5:04am, Iceland time, and was near the end of the photo session.
The Jökulsárlón glacial lake is replete with the calving remnants of the Breiðamerkurjökull Glacier, but it is not the final destination of the majority of the compressed ice that emanates from the glacier: That is the cold waters of the North Atlantic. However, Diamond Beach, the liminal space between the glacial ice and ocean, sees its share of icy gems come to rest on its black, volcanic sands.
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor