Assignments are brought to you by mpb.com
Ohope Beach is 10 minutes drive from my home so I'm usually able to do a sunrise shoot there once a week. When I arrived it was dark and cloudless. It was low tide, but because of the full moon and weather conditions, there had been a number of king tides during the week. I love shooting at low tide because of the ridges in the sand which create foreground interest. When I arrived it was still dark but I could see the waves were coming in much higher than was usual for low tide. As I set up, I realised that the waves were coming in groups - some waves were coming in a long way, but others were much lower on the beach. The sun was beginning to show on the horizon, but I waited till a group of waves reaching high up the beach had passed, then I rushed down to the water's edge to take a group of images before the high waves came in again. I was pleased to get this image right down on the low tide mark just as the sun peaked over the horizon.
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor