Assignments are brought to you by mpb.com
Early dawn at Dead Horse Point, Utah moments before actual sunrise. An even pinkish glow spread over the landscape creating a beautiful low contrast scene of the geologic layers and the meandering Colorado River. The warm glow is only slightly offset by the twisted juniper growing from a small pocket of desert soil and the early morning desert sky. This view is westward towards Canyonlands National Park, and this was taken in late November. This amazing soft light is very brief and spreads quickly across the scene. As the sun rises above the horizon the dynamic contrast rapidly increases as the light brightly illuminates the vertical faces of the canyon walls.
This scene is easily accessible from the high mesa of this Utah state park. It is an isolated platform but has an expansive view southward, and nearly 300 degree sweep from east to west.
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor